Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy, also known as a "vampire facelift". The PRP-facelift is a non-surgical facelift for rejuvenating the skin. With this treatment you receive injections of your own blood. Hence the name "vampire" facelift.
What is PRP?
PPR is a high concentration of platelets surrounded in its own plasma. A small amount of blood is drawn and the red cells are isolated from the platelet rich plasma. Since autologous PRP is processed from the platient's own blood, there is virtually no risk of an allergic reaction or rejection.
Growth Factors in PRP and their Know Effects:
1. Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) - Plays a significant role in the regulation of cell growth, proliferation and differentiation during the cell remodeling phase.
2. Transforming Growth Factor (TGF) - Promotes angiogenesis which is the physiological process involving the growth of new blood vessels.
3. Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) - An important signaling protein involved in helping the growth of blood vessels.
4. Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF) - Promotes angiogenesis (growth of new blood vessels), granulation, and epithelialization for the intricate process of tissue repair after injury.
5. Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF) - Promotes collagen growth and attracts macrophages and fibroblasts to the zone of injury.
6. Collagen Stimulating Growth Factor - Stimulatesgranulocyte and macrophage proliferation for the growth of healthy tissue and blood cells.
7. Keratinocyte Growth Factor (KGF) - Helps to optimize conditions for healing and the generation of new skin.